Get in Touch
11th Grade Online Math Concepts From gt.school
When it comes to your child's math classes, gt.school offers an individualized and unique online math program for high school sophomores that gives them the opportunity to make connections with areas of mathematics that they might not realize are missing from their knowledge.
At this point, your child should have a basic understanding of Algebra and Geometry. Typically, if your child has followed the more traditional path, they would be in Algebra II or Calculus if they are on a more advanced path. The concepts learned since beginning high school two years ago can help them learn and master the following:
What Students In 11th Grade Math Should Know
Solve equations with the quadratic formula.
Find relationships between variables, equations, and inequalities.
Proper use of polynomials, including exponents and other variables.
Add, subtract, multiply, and divide rational and radical functions.
Evaluate and graph trigonometric functions.
Properly use statistics and probabilities.
Demonstrate the relationship between quantities.
Many of these concepts would have been learned by the time your child finished 10th grade online math classes. gt.school’s MathAssess can pinpoint where the gaps in their knowledge may have taken place if they are struggling with any particular concept.
High School Junior Math Curriculum
The personalized MathBuilder program from gt.school is designed to help your child lay the foundation for future success in math.
Regardless of where your child is at currently, whether their math skills are gearing up to take geometry or ready for more advanced math classes such as Trigonometry or Calculus, we ensure that your child is ready to overcome any challenge they may experience with math. gt.school’s personalized MathBuilder program uses adaptive learning to help your child overcome math overwhelm, math test stress, or even increase their confidence to get to the top of their class.
We ensure that our program helps your high school sophomore learn and master the following:
As they master these math concepts, they will develop skills and strategies that help them problem solve, utilize reasoning, communication, and making logical connections.
Comparison of Math Programs for 11th Grade
- There are several different ways for your child to learn math. One approach, which is a more traditional method, is to use a textbook or a workbook, which is what most schools tend to use and suggest. Another method is using online videos or programs. While there is nothing inherently wrong with these methods, it’s hard to ignore the clear shortfalls:
- Textbooks can be expensive and time-consuming because they require the student to go through each section on their own before moving on to the next one (and sometimes even taking notes).
- Online video courses may not provide enough structure for students who need more guidance in order to understand how they should learn something new.
- Without a proper assessment to diagnose an individual student’s knowledge gaps, any issues that have arisen, or may arise in the future, cannot address the root cause, only really addressing the symptoms.
- This isn’t the teacher’s fault. So long as a student’s grade is good, or even decent, many may not even feel there is a problem. Students, then, may learn to only jump through hoops, while their true academic knowledge may be severely impacted, and can compound over time. As a result, they might become unmotivated, disinterested, or even anxious when it comes to their schoolwork.
- There are some parents that will also go to other tutors. While they may help in the short term, the methods are not always successful, and many parents may end up spending thousands of dollars a year for little results.
Why Choose gt.school For Your Child’s Math Success
We don’t offer the same cookie-cutter program for each individual child. Our MathBuilder program goes over each concept your child has not yet mastered through our pinpointed MathAssess evaluation. Each student gets what they need on an individual basis, making each student’s program different from any others.
If your child doesn’t have the best relationship with math, the best way to improve is to give an individualized approach to their learning and address them specifically (or if they even want to get ahead).
With gt.school, your child gets the comprehensive and truly personalized math program that gives them the opportunity to make connections with other areas of mathematics, furthers their interest in the subject, and develops their problem-solving skills that will last a lifetime.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the math topics for 11th grade?
Depending on what math course they finished in 10th grade, 11th grade students will likely either be starting Algebra II.
Is 11th grade math hard?
Math concepts are only as hard as the knowledge retained. gt.school’s MathBuilder program can help address any gaps in their knowledge relating to any of the math concepts they may be struggling with at any point in time.
How can my child improve their math grade?
These standards may vary from state to state and from class to class. We recommend speaking with your child’s teacher to know what specifically they would require.
What are the common core standards for 11th grade math?
These standards vary from state to state. As we cannot speak to what these standards are, we recommend you visit your state’s Department of Education for more details.
Have Questions? We're Here To Help
Chat with Us
Use the chat widget in the lower right-hand corner to get in touch.
Schedule a Call
Schedule a call with one of our Education Consultants.
Reach out to us by email at email@example.com