Get in Touch
9th Grade Online Math Concepts From gt.school
When it comes to your child's math classes, gt.school offers an individualized and unique online math program for high school freshmen that gives them the opportunity to make connections with areas of mathematics that they might not realize are missing from their knowledge.
If your child hasn’t gone through pre-algebra by this point, this is the year they would start. Otherwise, they would start with either Algebra 1 or Geometry at school depending on which they want to tackle first. This is the time when they would expand on what they learned through middle school and junior high. By this point, they should be able to show the following:
What Students In 9th Grade Math Should Know
Show an above average math fact fluency
Understand the Pythagorean theory and use it to solve problems
Understand and use reasoning to solve problems with rational and irrational numbers
Solve basic algebraic functions
Many of these concepts would have been learned by the time your child finished 8th grade online math classes. gt.school’s MathAssess can pinpoint where the gaps in their knowledge may have taken place if they are struggling with any particular concept.
High School Freshman Math Curriculum
The personalized MathBuilder program from gt.school is designed to help your child lay the foundation for future success in math.
Regardless of where your child is at currently, whether their math skills are at pre-algebra level or gearing up for more advanced math classes such as Trigonometry or Calculus, we ensure that your child is ready to overcome any challenge they may experience with math. gt.school’s personalized MathBuilder program uses adaptive learning to help your child overcome general math anxiety, test stress, or even increase their confidence to get to the top of their class.
We ensure that our program helps your high school freshman learn and master the following:
Algebra 1 and 2
As they master these math concepts, they will develop skills and strategies that help them problem solve, utilize reasoning, communication, and making logical connections.
Comparison of Math Programs for 9th Grade
- There are several different ways for your child to learn math. One approach, which is a more traditional method, is to use a textbook or a workbook, which is what most schools tend to use and suggest. Another method is using online videos or programs. While there is nothing inherently wrong with these methods, it’s hard to ignore the clear shortfalls:
- Textbooks can be expensive and time-consuming because they require the student to go through each section on their own before moving on to the next one (and sometimes even taking notes).
- Online video courses may not provide enough structure for students who need more guidance in order to understand how they should learn something new.
- Without a proper assessment to diagnose an individual student’s knowledge gaps, any issues that have arisen, or may arise in the future, cannot address the root cause, and can only really address the symptoms.
- This isn’t the teacher’s fault. So long as a student’s grade is good, or even decent, many may not even feel there is a problem. Students, then, may learn to only jump through hoops, while their true academic knowledge may be severely impacted, and can compound over time. As a result, they might become unmotivated, disinterested, or even anxious when it comes to their schoolwork.
- There are some parents that will also go to other tutors. While they may help in the short term, the methods are not always successful, and many parents may end up spending thousands of dollars a year for little results.
Why Choose gt.school For Your Child’s Math Success
We don’t offer the same cookie-cutter program for each individual child. Our MathBuilder program goes over each concept your child has not yet mastered through our pinpointed MathAssess evaluation. Each student gets what they need on an individual basis, making each student’s program different from any others.
If your child doesn’t have the best relationship with math, the best way to improve is to give an individualized approach to their learning and address them specifically (or if they even want to get ahead).
With gt.school, your child gets the comprehensive and truly personalized math program that gives them the opportunity to make connections with other areas of mathematics, furthers their interest in the subject, and develops their problem-solving skills that will last a lifetime.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the math topics for 9th grade?
Depending on what math course they finished in 8th grade, students entering high school will likely either be starting with pre-algebra, or going into Algebra 1 or Geometry.
Is 9th grade math hard?
Math concepts are only as hard as the knowledge retained. gt.school’s MathBuilder program can help address any gaps in their knowledge relating to any of the math concepts they may be struggling with at any point in time.
How can my child pass their 9th grade math class?
These standards may vary from state to state. In many cases, a simple passing grade is required. However, this has not always led to a successful transition to math classes in their Sophomore year or even throughout their time in high school.
What are the common core standards for 9th grade math?
These standards vary from state to state. As we cannot speak to what these standards are, we recommend you visit your state’s Department of Education for more details.
Have Questions? We're Here To Help
Chat with Us
Use the chat widget in the lower right-hand corner to get in touch.
Schedule a Call
Schedule a call with one of our Education Consultants.
Reach out to us by email at email@example.com